Pioneer physician O.C. Newman M.D. established the original Shattuck hospital in 1907 and his legacy continues today at Newman Memorial Hospital. For over 100 years the administration, physicians, nurses, and staff of the hospital have dedicated themselves to the mission of providing compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care to the citizens of Northwest Oklahoma, Southern Kansas, and the Panhandle of Texas.
Newman Memorial Hospital is licensed by the Oklahoma State Department of Health, certified as a provider for Medicare (CMS) and is CLIA certified for laboratory services. The Hospital is a member of the American Hospital Association and the Oklahoma Hospital Association.
Newman Memorial Hospital is affiliated with the Saints 1st Alliance, a program with St. Anthony Hospital in Oklahoma City that serves 15 hospitals. The program, developed jointly with St. Anthony and the rural hospitals primarily located in northwest Oklahoma, allows Newman and its physicians to have direct access to specialties and services for local patients who require advanced services not available at the local level. Services at St. Anthony are provided with an assurance that contact with physicians will be timely and transfers generally arranged within 30 minutes. The affiliation also provides the Hospital with access to purchasing agreements which are used to lower the operating cost of the hospital and to other services such as electronic medical records to comply with new federal guidelines.
For your healthcare needs, consider Newman Memorial Hospital for top quality physicians, caring nurses, considerate staff, modern facilities, and 21st century technology, all in a small town atmosphere.
To view a copy of our 990 Tax form, please go to guidestar.org. You will need to complete a simple, free registration process.
Newman Memorial Hospital aspires to be the best place to get care and the best place to give care.
Our Mission Statement
Newman Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care experience with focused attention to patient safety, value and an uncompromised commitment to clinical excellence for those we serve.
Our Organizational Values
We at NMH hold these values to be fundamental:
Learn about NMH's recent renovation projects here.
- People: We respect each person as a member of the hospital community. Involvement and teamwork determine our future.
- Service Excellence: We are committed to our standards of service excellence and dedicated to exceeding the expectations of those we serve.
- Responsibility: We accept personal accountability for the work we do.
- Quality: We consistently strive to provide the highest quality patient care.
- Communication: We promote open communication that fosters partnership and enhances timely, effective and appropriate responses.
- Innovation: We are committed to a supportive environment that encourages new ideas and creativity.
- Safety: We are dedicated to creating the safest hospital for all.